We are currently hiring for Child and Youth Workers for our clients in the GTA, Durham Region, Peel Region, and York Region. Various shifts available, including Days, Evenings, Overnight, and Weekends.
- Providing individualized and/or crisis supports to children, youth and adults diagnosed with ASD (autism), Developmental Disability, Mental Health Disorder and/or Dual Diagnosis
- Provide one on one support to a client in a variety of different settings such as foster homes, family homes, day programs, hospitals, group homes, and community support
- Transport client to and from appointments and activities with their personal vehicles
- Providing care services to client in accordance with group home plans; these care services include, but are not limited to, helping with activities of daily living, bathing assistance, feeding, grooming, continence care, etc.
- Engage and build relationships with youth and families by demonstrating interest in the individual, positive reinforcement for behaviours and building self-esteem
- De-escalate and stabilize a client when in a state of crisis and/or presenting with high-risk behaviors
- Encourage participation in activity programs
- Model and teach skills to a client that support safety and life skills
- Monitoring and overseeing the general health and well-being of the client
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Administer medications when required
- Participate in case conferencing as required
- Performs domestic duties (i.e., meal prep, mopping, laundry, cleaning of bathroom and kitchen, etc.)
- Ensure that administrative duties are completed within required timeframes, such as shift and incident reports, medication logs, communication logs, sign in and out logs, and expense and mileage reports
- Degree and/or diploma with experience in a social service field, (i.e. Correctional Worker, Child & Youth Worker, Social Service Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Personal Support Worker, Addictions and Mental Health Worker, Police Foundations, Social Worker, Law & Security, Psychology etc.)
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience with individuals diagnosed with ASD (autism), Mental Health Disorders or Dual Diagnosis
- Up-to-date immunization records – Include double vaccination for COVID-19
- Need to have or willing to get a TB Test
- Experience writing incident reports, serious occurrences, report taking, daily logs
- Need to have or willing to get a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Need to have or willing to get a Criminal Background Check.
- Need to have or willing to get a Child Welfare Check.
- Crisis training (CPI, UMAB, SMG) and Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C required
- Valid G License and access to a reliable vehicle